Re: Martial art breathing techniques

David.Fowler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Results... My nostrils were raw, and it seemed like I could smell roses
 constantly for 3 days.... and I never again was limited by lack of air!
 This was a big effect, not a minor one. All future running was limited
 by my muscles, not my breathing.

 I can only assume that the 3 miles of struggling to get air in and out
 fast enough stretched my lungs open like they never had been, or
 something like that.  >>

yeah, you take in waaay more air through the nose then the mouth.  i also
spent a few years running competitively, and that was crucial to learn.  it can
be a bugger to remember that sometimes, though.

steven j gatorman