Fwd: TB in 30 min/day...(was IICDIAO)

Rupert Oysler wrote:
> > Tim Moyer wrote:
> > I'm now slowly working
> > on tongue blocking (I can't seem to make myself NOT play an octave
> > when my tongue touches the harp!).  It may take me a year or more
> > to get a reasonable tongue block embouchure (and longer to play
> > it in public), but I'm confident I can get there, 30 minutes a
> > day
> I think a lot of the learning curve on TB how unfamiliar we all are
> with our mouths and tongues- what they're doing etc. You can do a
> lot to help in times away from the harp by practicing tongue
> movements and stuff.

I may be unique in this, but my problem is not in control of the
tongue.  I use my tongue quite fluidly in tongue blocked octaves,
which I learned very early in my playing from listening to Paul
Butterfield.  I move between puckered single notes and tongue blocked
octaves without thinking about it.  The trouble is that I can't put
my tongue on the front of the harp and NOT play an octave.  I
expected it to be easy to simply block one side or the other of the
octave, but old habits are hard to modify.

Still working on it,

- -tim