Re: Martial art breathing techiniques

In a message dated 7/23/03 11:01:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nonidesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Anyone out there have any other techniques or exercises (martial arts
> related or otherwise) that help with playing?

Yes, martial arts is wonderful. I was trained in Wah Lum Kung Fu and T'ai
Chi. The breath training included long and slow inhale, pausing (without closing
off the throat) for the same duration, followed by long slow exhale and
another long pause.

There is also a book and videos available about "The Art of Breathing" by
Nancy Zi which is highly recommended.

The Iceman