Re: breathing techiniques

David wrote:
>I study Chinese martial arts and have found that Qi Qong breathing
>exercises
>and techniques have been very beneficial to my diaphragmatic breathing
>while
>playing harp.
>
>Anyone out there have any other techniques or exercises (martial arts
>related or otherwise) that help with playing?

Unfortunately not. On the contrary - I have an addiction problem with
tobacco.
I smoke since the age of 14 (now 46), and quit twice.
The longest I succeeded was 5 months, but even then the urge to smoke was as
strong as the first day I quit - hitting the head against the wall so to
speak.
For years it didn't bother me, but after 32 years of inhaling smoke all day
long it's starting to affect my playing.
Sorry to divert from your question David - but I wanted to address this to
the youngest members on the list:
don't be as DUMB as I was, because it's very likely you'll never get rid of
it again.

Ludo

Valentijn bij MSN ! http://www.msn.be/valentijn