Re: MarkWilson

>Hi Mark, could you explaine what the verce form concept is about (how =
it works}

OK, I'll tell you what I know so far.  One 12 bar cycle equals one =
verse.  Each verse is broken down into 3 parts which are 4 measures =
each.  The key is to string these 4 measure chunks into coherent solos =
that make sense and to follow simple patterns so you don't quickly run =
out of ideas.

  The basic approach is to take a lick and repeat it 3 times and let the =
chord progression move the song forward like the opening lick in Juke.  =
Another approach would be to play a lick that resolves on the 2 draw =
twice.  On the 3rd time around play the same lick but this time resolve =
on the 6 blow.  Those are the two most simple verse forms.  He goes into =
more detail and offers additional suggestions on how to break down, =
reassemle and add variety to these 4 measure chunks. =20

By taking this approach you'll be able to comfortably solo longer =
without getting excessively repetitious.  In essence he's holding you =
back a bit and forcing you to relax,  play what you already know, and =
avoid the bad habit of flying all over the harmonica without a game =
plan.  It's the game plan part that's helped me the most.  Pretty =
obvious stuff but sometimes you just need to hear it from someone

Barrett says Little Walters "Boogie" is a great example of the verse =
form concept in action so you might want to check that out. =20

I've really just scratched the surface here and would highly recommend =
you take the plunge and pick up one of Barretts "Exploring" book/cd =
packages.  He's evolving as an instructor and continues to bring new =
conceps to the table.  This one's helped me quite a bit. =20

Mark Wilson