Re: Technical Innovations

In a message dated 7/23/03 1:05:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> What contemporary (living) harp players have polished some technique of
> their playing such that this technique has become an essential part of their
> overall style (on one or more CDs)?

Paul Delay: Phrasing with Major scale tones, very hip high-note combinations.
Delay is a great player, there is alot of stuff he does interesting. Very
cool ideas too....

Adam Gussow: Gussow is a bad ass player in that he is able to play high end
note stuff and make it not sound annoying or out of place (which too many harp
players do). Gussow is probably the smoothest overblow player I have heard, he
can slip in overblows and you don't notice them. Great musician to boot!

Andrew