re: that whooping thing

The short answer-Sonny Terry is god. I saw him play many times at Passims in
Cambridge in the 70s. He'd laugh and challenge the audience to see if they
could tell when he was whooping and when he was playing-it was virtally
indistinguishable.

I've been working on this technique for 30 years. It's a great stage
trick-audiences love it. Practice your breathing and get a good train rhythm
going and try throwing a quick yelp-a-chugga chugga yelp a chugga whoop a
chugga.Keep speeding it up until you can throw in a yelp or two for every
chug. Your family will love it.

Rainbow Jimmy