RE: mic cord

Rainbow Jimmy asked:
I have an old Shure Uni-Sphere mic with a defective cable. The cord has a
female screw on adapter on one end, a regular guitar cord plug on the other
end.Where can I get a replacement cable?
_________
I use an old Shure PE54E for many gigs and have been through at least
6 of these cords over the years. Same cord - high impedence with a
jack. If you live in a town of any size at all, virtually any
respectable music store should carry them... just be sure to bring
the mic with you, to make sure it'll fit.  Depending on how long (and
how good) a cord you want, it shouldn't run more than about $15-20
tops.

Alternately, probably the only thing wrong with your cord is a
disconnection of one of the wires at the jack end... try unscrewing
the jack and seeing if one of the wires is dangling?  If so, all it
needs is a spot of solder.  And even if you don't trust yourself to
fix it, most music stores will do this 30-second repair job either
for free, or near free.  Good as new!

cheers,
Tom Ball