Isopropyl alcohol

>From: "Wm.Galley" <mil-bil@xxxxxxx>
>     Yo harpers,
>What do you say about the use of "Isopropyl Alcohol" spray as a 'sanitizer'
>if someone, or you, borrow a harp for immediate use ?  bg

Bad idea.

Isopropyl rubbing alcohol is poisonous. Consumption of it can lead to brain
damage and death.

Even intake of the fumes is harmful.

I do use it for dis-infecting combs and coverplates, but I let the harp
parts dry out and air out so all trace of it has evaporated.

For the use you propose, isopropyl alcohol would be dangerous.

Jimbeau