Re: There's no fool...

At 20:44 17/07/2003 +0000, Tim Moyer wrote:
>I use 400 sometimes, but rarely anything finer than that.  Of course,
>I'm not building Renaissances, either!  I like the paper a little
>more course, at it tends to build up and smooth out pretty quickly on
>soft metals like brass.  It just keeps my lazy self from having to
>fold a new corner quite as quickly.
  use the blue sanding sticks which Pat Missin always talks about.  belt of
emery paper which you inch round as you tune.  Great to handle and you only
need to change the belt several reed plates. You can make the belts in a
couple of minutes.

I narrow the point width  of the device down to just over 1/8" to allow it
comfortably to get between windsavers... on diatonics (non valved) you
don't need to do this.

Douglas t