Daily Almanac - July 17

Rock guitar and harmonica player Spencer Davis was born on this day in 1942.
Davis founded the Spencer Davis Group in the early 1960's and had hits with
"I'm A Man",  "Keep On Runnin'" and other great songs.  Davis is still
playing, in fact I saw him a couple of weeks ago.  Nice guys, still playing
some harmonica.
For more about the life, career and recordings of Spencer Davis, please
visit:
http://www.eharmonica.net/spencer%20davis.htm

Vaudeville and studio harmonica player Eddy Manson died on this day in 1996.
Manson began his career playing in Vaudeville during the 1930's.  From the
1950's on he worked as an arranger and harmonica player in films, TV,
commercials and on recordings for hundreds of artists.

That's all I have for today.  Have fun and practice.

Peter Krampert, author
The Encyclopedia of the Harmonica
http://www.eharmonica.net