Re: About Jim Fitting

Fernando,

> My harp teacher taught me last Saturday to play "The Same Thing", on a
version
> done by a band named "Treat Her Right". The question here is about the
harp
> player of this band -Jim Fitting- ... has he recorded anything else after
the
> three CD's this band released? Has he entered onto another band?
> The leader of the band -Mark Sandman- formed Morphine, an alternative rock
> band... until his death.

Jim is currently fronting a band called The Coots. They have released one
album, "Message from the Seventh Dimension" and another is on the way
according to my sources. It's very different from the Treat Her Right stuff
and a lot less bluesy, but I find it excellent nonetheless and Jim's
characteristic sound can be heard all the way through. Check out the review
on the latest issue of Planet Harmonica.
(http://www.planetharmonica.com/ph4/VE/MoreReviews01UK.htm)

He has also graced several albums by the band "The The", especially a live
album called Dusk (if I remember well.)

Hope this helps !

Ben FELTEN, Editor
www.planetharmonica.com