Band Finances

My band is starting to move away from the bar scene and starting to get more
"legit" gigs at festivals, municipal events and the alike. The bars pay
cash, and each individual member of the band handles his own taxes. With the
"legit" gigs, they want to pay the band or write a check to one individual
member of the band. How does one band member pay other band members and not
be liable for all the taxes? We're a simple blues band, and we have no
business licenses, no corporation, no management.

Can anyone recommend any books (e.g. "Band Finances for Dummy's?), or web
sites dealing with this subject?

Harmonica content: I am the harmonica man in the band, and I sing and play
guitar. Audiences really get a kick out of harmonicas, one reason being
because there are so few harmonica players around, at least in this area.
There are thousands of guitar players, but only a handful of harp men.