Switching harps was: Re: jazz (I think?) - Black Orpheus - Blue Bossa - Meditation

Mark Crowley asks:

How bad does a CX 12 feel in yr mouth when coming straight from
diatonics.. is it "that" big and cumbersome??

I switch from diatonics to chromatics all the time.  I use three
different chromatics in a typical gig. A CX 12, a 280 and a CBH 2016.  I
pick them for their different tonal qualities.  You will certainly feel
a difference at first.  You'll have to adjust your mic-holding
techinque.  You'll also adjust your embouchure somewhat, due to the size
and spread of the holes.  With practice though, these difference will
melt away.  If you learn the song you want to play on the instrument you
want to play it on the differences in size, shape, technique, etc.
become second nature.  Focus on the music.

I have more difficulty switching from harmonica to flute, because the
embouchure is so different.  As always, the answer is practice.

Best Regards to All,

Larry Boy Pratt