20,000 Years in Sing-Sing

Towards the end of this 1933 prison melodrama, Spencer Davis finds himself on death
row.  Another inmate on the row named "Hype" is learning to play the harmonica.  He
starts out with a very basic two-chord 1st position version of "Happy Days Are Here
Again".  But as the weeks go by he gets better and before long he's playing some pretty
nice single-note runs.  He takes quite a bit of pride in his progress but then, too
soon, comes the day when he has to take the long walk to the chair.

"Can I take my 'trombone' with me? If I only had a little more time I could be really
good on this thing! Did you ever hear me play 'In the Shade of the Old Apple Tree?'"

"Did ever hear you play it?" the guard laughs, "I got an idea that's why they're
burning ya!"