Re: Smelly harmonica

> >From: Ellis Brayham <ellisbrayham@xxxxxxx>

> >I have acquired a chromatic 280 but it smells heavily of tobacco
smoke. Any
> >suggestions for purifying it?  Ellis

Consider replacing the comb.
I got an old 16-holer with the same problem...After repairing the
breaks and cracks, (and scrubbing, and giving the "sun treatment" to
it,) I attempted to seal it with beeswax 'cause it still tasted nasty.
It shrunk AND warped...not a good thing. I reassembled it as best I
could, and the comb eventually regained it's original dimensions, so I
eventually got a playable chrom out it, but I don't recommend beeswax
for chromatics. (YMMV)
Try contacting Bill Romel or one of the other chromatic repair wizards
about replacement.

- -Scorcher