marathon harp

Just got back from playing harp live with the band for 5 hours. Keeping up
the energy, trying to keep things fresh, and trying to keep the repetition
to a minimum was an effort. Nice crowd. The Lee Oskar natural minor was a
godsend. Really added a different sound. We did mostly classic rock covers,
threw in a healthy dose of blues and probably 10 originals.

Had a Berklee student on drums. He didn't know any of the tunes. Never even
practiced with us. His musicianship still smoked all of us.

Since there was an earlier discussion on positions. I played mostly 2nd, a
smattering of 1st, and 2nd position major pentatonic.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.mp3.com/spaceanimals