Re: "Stormy Monday" help

>>> <funharp@xxxxxx> 07/03/03 06:20pm >>>

Better take this serious, remember I am from...yes...

> ...Germany, where there is no humor.

Otto (funharp@xxxxxx --- FUN and HARP in the same word: Help me I'm a
loser!!!)

PS: Frank Z.:
"Does humor belong to music?"

my friend's parents are from Germany - he assures me also there is absolutely no humour in that country.

He cites the example of the annual broadcasting of "dinner for one"(??) as proof of a complete absence of humour in that nation .

that argument falls apart when you point out to him they also broadcast it annually here every new year's eve as well.

harp content - wondering what all this chat about a song ( i never heard of) called "Stormy Monday" is.... last nite got called up to jam to the very song <groan>

there was a complete absence of frills I can assure you - nothing but plain vanilla C- harp for key of G .... just quietly playing in the background during the spaces - very happy to be doing nothing much more - then a solo thrown my way.... damn

scraped thru on the dull coating of my teeth.... then another solo thrown my way... god hates me because i am atheist... since when did 2 slide guitarists on together start tossing solos out like apples?

drunken joe punter comes up at the end to praise the slide guitarists for their tasteful musicianship - and to loudly add  "but the blues harp, man.. way too loud..."

one of the sliders assured him i was only 'on' in my solos... playing thru a vocal mic... and at the mercy of the mixman anyway...

thank god for the dayjob... harmonica may have gotten sonny terry around the world... i won't be leaving my own suburb unless in a box.

mark