Cleaning harps

I can tell you what I do.  Whether it's right or wrong I wouldn't know, but
my harps never suffer and definitely sound brighter next time I use them.
When I get home I hold each one in turn, front and back, under a reasonably
vigorous stream of lukewarm water, then tap out the water a la Hohner
advice.  I then leave 'em on a tray to dry overnight (not in their boxes).
I even do this with my wooden-combed Hohner MS harps.  No swelling noticed.
The "older" type non-MS harps do have wood that I'm sure would swell, so
maybe this wouldn't be a good idea for them.  I'd still chance a quick rinse
though even with these.   And I definitely wouldn't do it to a valved harp.
I find that if I do this regularly I only have to do that horrible
dismantling/crud-scraping business very occasionally.  So there!

Steve Shaw.

Want more than the blues?  Try Irish!
http://mysite.freeserve.com/trad_irish_harmonica