Re: "Stormy Monday" help

If you have ever considered buying a Richter tuned chromatic (Koch or
Slide Harp), now is the time to get it.  These harps are perfect for
playing the Stormy Monday changes in G.  You can get by playing a solo
just using a C diatonic in 2nd position but to be able to really nail
the all the changes in sync while playing backup accompaniment during
the vocals or doing horn type fills, you'll need the ability to play
chromatic changes right on the money.  The song can be played fairly
easily also just using a standard C chromatic in the key of G, it's the
way I used to do it until I got a Richter tuned chrom.  The Richter
tuned chroms allow you to play both regular 2nd position blues licks and
cop all the chromatic changes.
    Also have your bandmates write you up a chord chart, it will make it
easier to visualize the changes.

Good luck,
Don D.  (back from semi-lurker status, have been real busy lately!)