What's in a Gimmick?

   Are you talking about the "Famous Don"? Maybe that WAS his name.

  I was telling the wife (Cassie Mae) that I want to wear a cowboy hat
at Dallas SPAH. She dis-agrees. Mama Cass says a hat is a "Gimmick".
She says ANY outlandish, absurd, or unnecessary accoutrement is a
gimmick.

   (I) allowed as how Garth Brooks wears a hat. She counters with;
yeah, and he looks like a chubby kid in too big a hat, Vince Gill
DOESN't wear a hat." I sez, Willie Nelson wears a hat. She says
"yeah, when you cheat on YOUR takes, you can wear a hat, besides, IF
you wear a hat, you better be good".

   So what's the verdict? Should I or shouldn't I?

BTW; she ALSO feels nicknames (especially mine) are a gimmick? What a
woman. How do I put up with it. Well, maybe because she has
EVERYTHING  a man would want....Muscles, Hair on Her Chest,
Moustache,...... :)     smokey-joe