Re: electric vs acoustic

Develop that killer acoustic tone. We are agreed.

To "work" a mic/amp setup, a whole new set of skills must be developed --
"knowing your amp" and the variables created through its knobs, and "knowing your
mic" (which includes "knowing your hands" and also "knowing your hands around
the mic with the harmonica").

I learned to hold the harmonica differently for mic/amp/fatChicago than for
mic/amp/clean and purely acoustic.

I contend that the acoustic and electric skills are related, but are totally
separate in mastering.

If you are truly a serious student of both sounds, you should spend the time
to learn each one individually.

The Iceman