Re: Amp question

TD wrote:

>Do  all the Tweed covered Pro Jr.'s Have the Alnico speaker? I saw one in a
>music store awhile back for $299. Starting to look like that wasn't too bad
>a price for retail. How would I tell if it has the Alnico? Do you have to
>take the back off?

I think all the tweeds are alnico.  According to BBQ Bob, they used
alnico speakers until '95 (he's also right that this is as good as it
gets with a printed circuit board).  The bottom half of the back is
open.  The alnico speaker has a blue metal frame.  So, look in the back
and if the speaker is in a blue metal frame, you found one.

Russ