Clean Harp

At 14:55 30/06/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>So much is said about blues players , their syles of playing, the amps and
>set ups that give you that perfect sound that your looking for. But what
>about the great clean players ,the accoustic sound like Levy, Mike Turk,
>Toots, Charlie McCoy,Doug Tate just to name a very few. What is their mic
>of choice. do they play through an amp or through the pa system. What type
>of particulars do they require when they set up. This is what I'd like to
>hear about. Jerl

First, thanks for including me in such august company.

I hate mics and try to play without them at every available
opportunity.  When I DO have to use one I stand well back from it so that I
can shade it like a normal acoustic room.  I leave the stuff that goes into
the mic to the sound guy... in the main they know a lot better than I do
what the room needs.

I have a particular set of sounds which I generate without electronics... I
just hope the sound person can make those sounds appropriately louder to
reach the complete audience.  In this way I have complete control of the
noise I make... delivery is someone else's pigeon   :))

Douglas