Re: sound man, was harp/tone

>From: "the Leones" <leone@xxxxxxxx>

  D'ja ever get that "sinking" feelingjust as you hit the "send" key. Welllll
after I hit it I realized that maybe I was wrong and Mike was right. I
wasn't correcting him anyway (THAT would be hard to do). I was merely
giving an opinion.

 I deducted 50 yrs from my life and wound up in 1953 (I was 11)..sound was
reasonable.
 Then I deducted 40 yrs and came up with 1963 (I was 21)..sound still
reasonable.
 At 30 yrs I came up with 1973 (I was 31)..sound creeping up, BUT even "La
Gratia Morte" (who were known for their WALL OF SOUND) were NOT too loud.
At that point, things started to get out of hand.
 The Eagles never needed to BLAST  anyone's ears out. Bread, America and
even WAR were all within reason. Steely Dan, Steppenwolf, Journey, Genisis,
Police, all kept it reasonable.

 It has been my observation that volume is just a poor excuse for lousy
musicianship (Oooh, another debate?). I was at Palm Springs Country Club&
Resort recently where "Steamin Stan Ruffo" was playing...volume reasonable.
Perhaps THIS was because of the venue,(read..old rich people)...dunno.

 So, my appologies to Iron Mike, whose estimate on volume is probably
closer to true than mine. Maybe the yrs have gone by so fast that I thought
it was just "yesterday"?...........smokey-j