Re: Toots on Letterman: Thanks Bobbie!

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 00:26:33 +1100, ozharp wrote:

>Paul Schaffer (band
>leader/music director) speaks very positively both about Toots and what he
>can achieve with the chromatic. It's just a shame that they seem to give the
>impression that Toots is about the only player to have achieved a high level
>of proficiency on the instrument.

I think we've all run into that. Once you get outside harmonica circles, you find yourself being praised like a talking dog. They're not so much impressed that you
spoke well, but that you could speak at all. "Wow, this guy can play XYZ on a *HARMONICA*! Isn't that amazing!"

- --
Barry B. Bean
Bean & Bean Cotton Company
Peach Orchard, MO