Re: Blues comeback

In a message dated 1/20/03 10:05:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, so_blue@xxxxxxx
writes:

> Hey, after "Blues hits the mainstream", just think:
>
> Britteny Spears covers Billie Holliday
> Snoop pays tribute to Muddy & Robt. Johnson
> and some unknown 11-year-old will become "bigger than Little Walter"!
>
> I can hardly wait!

I can see it now, Rolling Stone will call some kid from 'burbs the next Muddy
Waters and 3/4 of America will go "Muddy who....?" Blues revival? If that
means homogenized cheeze-whiz blues artists, then no thanks (think of the
current crop of popped out "country" artists who have hit the scene- is this
what we want?).

What I hope it does is give all those who would dig the music an opportunity
to hear it. My current belief about the blues is the same about rock' n roll,
usually when people hear the real thing they like it. Either way I know that
I will still listen and play the music because I like it, regardless if its
popular or not.

Andrew