blues comeback

       Although there is more blues, (many times with harp), heard on
commercials and as background in movies these days, I wouldn't get too
exited about the blues going mainstream.I've been through at least 3
"blues revivals" and none lasted more than 2 or 3 years.Don't get me
wrong, I'd love to see a resurgence of popularity for blues music - it
would be great if more clubs actually wanted to book blues bands- but I
don't think it will ever rival the newer forms of music.If it happens,
make the most of it and enjoy it while you can.Personally I sort of
prefer being part of a "subculture" - after all it is the Blues.
             Peace, Jeff