Re: Is it fixable

OK, try number one failed, but I felt like I was pretty close.  I replaced a
2 draw reed on a D Golden Melody with a 2 draw from another D GM.  I used a
machinist V block and knocked out the old rivet with the end of a tiny drill
bit.  When I set the new reed in there, I couldn't get the rivet to seat
firmly and the reed would move around a bit as I tuned it.  Maybe I need a
new rivet or a tiny sheet metal screw as opposed to the rivet.  Any helpful
hints? One interesting note is I found an ancient D GM from before they held
the reed plates in with screws.  The rivets were slightly bigger in size.

http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup