Re: 2000 hours - YIKES

I have been playing a long time and am still learning.  I would also venture
a guess that Howard Levy, Rod Piazza, Kim Wilson, and Luciano Pavarotti
would all say about the same.  In my opinion, one can learn single notes,
crude bends, 1st, second, and third position in pretty short order.  There
are a few things that I think differentiate these sorts of players from the
good/accomplished players

- - TONE
- - FLUENCY
- - TIMING

I am sure there are others, but to put a time limit on becoming accomplished
just doesn't make much sense to me.

Just a thought....