Re: Sustain

Ted wrote:
>I can lock down a key on my keyboard from now until doomsday and "sustain" (by
>your def) that note or chord. You can't blow your harp that long.

I think the comparison was to pianos and guitars, which are played by striking
or plucking the strings.  There are certainly many other types of instruments
capable of as much or more sustain than a breath-blown harmonica.  Stephen
Molitor, in fact, went into a long description of the particular problems with
organs, which have the indefinite sustain to which you refer, and why 12TET was
problematic with them.

- -tim
www.workingmansharps.com