Re: What you can take on the plane

In a message dated 1/15/2003 9:48:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mlpratt@xxxxxxx writes:

> Recently someone (I think Ryan Hartt?) wrote and asked about security
> restrictions because they were about to take a flight.  It'd be interesting
> to know what their experience was.  Was it you Ryan?

       Yes that was me.
       Going through sceurity in Hartford I got everything but a body cavity
search. I was in Vegas for less than 24 hours so I didn't need much so I put
everything, suit and gear in my carry on. I had 2 mics, 2 cords, a delay
pedal a rectifier tube and a powertaped to a guitar cord that I use for my
pedal. They went through every pocket in my bag and rifled through the
acessory compartment of my Harmonica Masterclass case.
       My bass player had a little preamp and some other stuff and he was
stopped too.
       The only thing I couldn't take on was my torch cigar lighter, but my
buddy could take his Zippo.
       Going home, I walked right through security in Vegas.No one said a
thing.
       Ryan