Re: Gangs of New York

Back in December, Glenn wrote:
"Just saw Gangs of New York, a powerful Martin Scorcese flick. Towards the
beginning there is some pretty good 2nd position harp. Anyone know who's
playing it?"

Jerry's post today - "Civil War era harp question" - reminded me of a
question I'd had about Glenn's Gangs of New York question but couldn't post
to the list for technical reasons. At any rate, I'm just wondering how
historically accurate it is to feature second-position harmonica in a film
about the 1860s. I thought cross-harp playing only came about after the turn
of the century. Mouth harp historians?
MN