Daily Almanac - January 14

I have no events to report for today.

First,  I am very saddened to hear about the passing of Dr. Henry Bahnson.
he was a great friend of the harmonica community and did groundbreaking work
in quantifying how overblows are actually done.  His work shows us how
important each and every one of our contributions is and their being spread
throughout the world-wide community of harmonica players through these lists
and through other mediums is making the harmonica more understood be each
and every one of us.

I just got word that Mac Odell died last Saturday.  Mac was a true pioneer
of Country music, working as a singer-songwriter, guitar and harmonica
player on the radio here in Chicago during the 1930's.  His career dwindled
in the 1950's due to the shift in tastes in Country music, but he continued
to work sporadically through the years.

I think that we should all reflect on how important our work really is.
Each of us has been contributing to the betterment and enhancement of
knowledge of the harmonica and music in general.  I know that I am a far
better musician throuigh my interaction on these lists.  I understand more
and have a greater feel for what is possible.  Everyone of us makes our part
of the world better through our small, but important contributions.

That's all I have for today.  Have fun and practice.

Peter Krampert, author
The Encyclopedia of the Harmonica
http://www.eharmonica.net