Daily Almanac - January 8

I have no events to report for today.

Yes, there is a fine line between promotion and spam.  I don't think that
anybody on any of these list can seriously disapprove of an occassional
mention of a gig, a CD or a product that a list member might be releasing.
I personally encourage it.  It has been through interacting with harmonica
players that I have been able to make numerous improvements on my own
products.  I also enjoy hearing what other people do.  We have a very highly
talent group of people who participate in these discussions and I have
learned a lot about the harmonica from them.

It is also important that those who self promote do so with the
understanding that a person can overdo it as well.  Simple announcements are
fine.  Hyperlinks that members can choose to either go to or not are
acceptable.  Extensive carpet bombing is probably not acceptable.  use your
best judgement.

That's all I have for today.  Have fun and practice.

Peter Krampert, author
The Encyclopedia of the Harmonica
http://www.eharmonica.net