RE: ultimo covers

One thing I've thought about doing many times is get an Ultimo and one
of the cheaper Hering diatonics (Free Blues or some such) and see if the
MB-ish covers of the Hering fit.  If so, maybe drill out some holes on
the sides of the covers and then get them silver-plated or some such.
Might be a nice way to get an MB-type sound with LO-style reed longevity
(the actual reeds in the Ultimo and LO are the same).  I do like the
somewhat smaller size and more rounded corners of the Ultimo compared to
the LO, but still, there is a large part of me that says "why bother"
and would just go for an LO, which is pretty nice as is.

Of course, my new job might allow for some access to metalworking
equipment, so maybe I could make my own brass cover design and then get
those silver-plated...:)

 ()()   JR "Bulldogge" Ross
()  ()  & Snuffy, too:)
`---'com