Smicz TADS to tame a 59 Bassman RI?

Just wondering if anyone on list has tried using TADS from Smicz
Amplification as a way to throttle down the power in your 59 Bassman RI or
other high-power amp. Here's the description from smicz-amplification.com:
"Many of us own great amps that are WAY TOO LOUD for non-stage situations.
We've all annoyed loved ones and neighbors trying to let the power tubes in
our amps get a workout, and most of us have flirted with permanent ear
damage or met local law enforcement personnel in the process. Most players
don't realize that 3-5 watts can be surprisingly loud for home practice
situations. ... Our TADs are direct replacements for your amp's higher
wattage power tubes. A pair of TADs will bring your beloved 50-watt Plexi
down to a very manageable 3-4 watts. The same is true for that fine sounding
Blackface Super. Simply replace your output tubes with the correct TADs and
away you go. There is no adjustment or rebiasing needed. Finally, power tube
saturation at reasonable volumes."
A '59 Bassman RI will require a pair of TAD-2HVs, which runs $135 with
shipping in the U.S. Not cheap, but perhaps a good way to get fat tone at
lower volumes from this amp.
Curious,
MN