Re: Fw: Re: Passing of King Biscuit Boy

This is the first I've heard of this
and I have tears in my eyes. I booked
Richard many times and he sat in my
audience a few times. I was nervous at
first when he was in the crowd over at the
bar but then he sat in front at a table
in front of me, he was really nice to me
and made me feel great about what I was doing.
He told me that Otis Spann said
"The Harmonica is the muther of the band".

When I booked him he was always unpredictable
and i'd heard stories that he would pull
no shows for whatever reason or get too
hamered but he ALWAYS pulled it off at
every date I had him on. Maybe it was because
I'm a harp player and I treated him with respect
or maybe I just got lucky. I have no idea, it's
the Richard Newell show. He didn't like the label
"King Biscuit Boy" so I hope they don't mention
it at his final resting place.
RIP - Richard Newell.

Little Joe
Georgetown,Canada