Cable Advice

My wife surprised me with a mic from Rod Piazza for x-mas.  I was  =
wondering what cable I should purchase to fit such a nice piece of =
equipment?  It included the adapter for a guitar cable.  I don't =
understand the differences between the types cables.=20

I have an old Princeton Reverb amp (silver face, probably 70's) that I =
play through.=20

I'm just starting to play out (open mic night)  so I am still building =
up my equipment.=20

Thanks,
Terry=20

(PS.  I feel like my old friend is back.  Thanks for getting the mailing =
list up and going!)