Re: Little Lanelei, was Danelectro Spring King Reverb

In a message dated 1/3/2003 8:19:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mdestefano@xxxxxxxx writes:

> Dave,
>     I never actually tried it, just eye balled it in the store.  I think
> the one I was looking at was the AD-5 and the Yamaha one is called the
> AG-Stomp box, very similar.  The Yammy has much of the same stuff, feedback
> reduction circuit, etc.  I'll have to give it a real try sometime (actually
> both).  Ooooohhhh...so many toys, and so little money and so little time.
> Don D

     How true this is.Thats the main reason I don't care to look at anything
else.Too many toys and I'm happy with the AD-3 so I'm going to save myself
all the fun of trying them all! Seriously though Don,go with your amp and
favorite mic and give the thing a try.Its amazing,but like I said before,give
yourself some time to really play with the thing and don't do that without
enough money to buy it! The AD-5 may be a bit pricey,but the AD-3 you can get
for $150 tops.I think I talked the salesman down to $125 for mine but I also
made a trade on the deal.Its worth every penny of $150.If it was the 5,see if
they can get you a 3.You'll get the main features for probably half of what
you'll pay for the 5,and its small enough to put right on top of your amp.The
reverb is fantastic,and the chorus adds a really interresting sound
too.Together its really cool.Do yourself the favor and go try it out.Let me
know how much you paid for it!........Have fun.......Dave