Re: Tom Ball, plus a comment & a question

Gosh, guys, thanks. <blush>  it might seem a bit unseemly to respond
to a subject line that includes one's own name, but thanks Sam,
Steve, G in NZ, & Wally for the kind words of support.

A comment:  As long as we're throwing accolades around, I can't let
the opportunity pass without mentioning Mr. Danny Wilson.  This is a
cat who deserves one helluva lot of credit for maintaining the
Worldwide gig list, as well as all the numerous webpages he runs
(including TB&KS.)  I don't know how he finds enough hours in the day
to do all this and still be the Lord Of The Low-Frequencies on
bass-harp, but somehow he manages.  Thanks, Danny.

And finally, a question: Are there any 78 collectors out there who
happen to have any SBWI 78's on the *buff* colored Bluebird label?
If so, might they please contact me off-list?  (I'm looking for label
scans...)

Anyhow, thanks again to everybody.  I got back on the L just in time,
evidently.  <g>  Kenny and I just returned from Mammoth Mountain,
where we did four gigs at 9,000 ft elevation -- I don't know about
the rest of y'all, but the first couple of days I was singing and
blowing, these flash-cubes kept going off in my head. If you've ever
wondered whether the '60s are still alive, just go play a gig or two
at 9,000 feet. <g>  We also got about five feet of snow -- the
interesting part of which was trying to get down off the mountain in
a rent-a-car with no chains.  Wheee!  Can you say "out of control?"

But back and safe we are, and wishing all a Happy 2003,

cheers,

Tom
http://www.tomballkennysultan.com