email shortcomings; also: Boogie on Reggae Woman (WAS:where has everybody gone)

Unfortunately electronic communications carries no obvious emotions and the
helpful indicators that face-to-face communication provides.  I don't know
if a study has been conducted on this but it is my belief that people often
interpret messages in a negative manner if it is not abundantly clear.

This may perhaps be one of those situations where the message is interpreted
differently from what the originator intended.  I personally understand it
this way:
[begin paraphrase]
The west coast blues harmonica scene seems to feature a lot of Chicago style
harp playing.  Given that there are several blues styles such as delta
blues, why did Chicago blues catch on so strongly?
[end paraphrase]
If I interpreted the question correctly then part of the answer may be
Chicago's role as a blues music focal point and California's role as a focal
point for the entertainment industry in general.  Seems like a short hop
Maybe George "Harmonica" Smith helped infuse the Chicago style into the west
coast scene.

...or maybe *I* missed the point of the message.  It's certainly possible.
:-)
Hopefully cooler heads will prevail and this ember will fizzle out rather
than flame up.

Now for a completely unrelated harmonica topic:
The version of Boogie on Reggae Woman by Stanley Turrentine (with Stevie
Wonder on harp) on Legends of Harmonica is an irresistable toe-tapper.  I've
been interested in picking up Stevie's 'Eivets Rednow' album to get some
more Stevie Wonder chromatic instrumentals.  It seems to be unavailable new.
Anyone on the '-L' have a copy they might be interested in selling?  Contact
me off list please.

Thanks for your time.
Regards,
Frank