Microphone Buffer sounds great

My brother in law built a microphone buffer box.  It is a voltage follower
that matches impedances between astatic or ceramic microphones and a guitar
amp input.  I A/B'ed it through my Bassman RI and the sound difference is
quite amazing.  Got a boost in the bottom end as well as less feedback with
more volume.  I think the volume boost is related to more bottom.  If anyone
is interested in one of these things, contact me off line.