Re: CBO (was: technique?)

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Ludo Beckers" <lazylew2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bbqbob917@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 5:35 AM
Subject: CBO (was: technique?)

> BTW, for those who are wondering, the CHO
> >means the Cambridge Harmonica Orchestra.
> >Barbeque Bob Maglinte
>
> Hi Bob
>
> If this includes Pierre Beauregard, I assume it's not the regular
> harmonicagroup format in the style of the Harmonicats and the likes?
> Are there any recordings available?
> regards
> Ludo

Hi Ludo,
Your assumption is most definitely correct on this one. This was the only
harmonica group that included the ENTIRE catologue of Hohner's harps, using
diatonics, chormatics, octave harps, tremelo harps chord harps, bass harps,
augmented with melodicas, accordions, washtub bass and drums. We've had as
many as 86 people on one bandstand (that was at the 1986 Adams Morgan Day
Festival in Washington, DC). The only recording of us currently available is
on the Hohner harp compilation recording that included our version of The
Beatles' "Paperback Writer."

We did have a Christmas EP that for a number of years was used by Boston
area radio station WBCN 104.1 FM for its Christmas dedications and the tune
that was used was our arrangement of "Jingle Bells" done as a more of a
blues boogie (calling it, obviously, "Jingle Bell Boogie,"), which I helped
to arrange with Pierre. I do have a few copies of this vinyl EP left unsold.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA