Re: Tacky question

GREAT QUESTION!

I'm interested to hear others opinion here. I personally use the cheap chap
stick to prevent chapped lips. But I haven't used anything this year (the
wind hasn't been bad). Once they start to dry I then use Carmex when they
get sore and etc. I just wipe all the medication off before I play my harp.
It's not a big problem as long as you use good prevention.. But once you get
sore lips the soap opera is on!

If you play a LOT it's very important to keep your lips moist when playing.
If you lips are dry and you play a few hard hours..... it will tear your
lips to hell. I played a gig a few years ago and my mouth was bleeding bad!
The corners off my lips were cut! Maybe I'm the only person to ever have
this to happen but it wasn't funny! I then had to deal with the pain and
irritation till healing!

Vince Cheney

The Blues Site - http://thebluessite.com
Winemaker's World - http://winemakersworld.com