Custom coverplate engraving

Dear folks,
I would like to ask the ellers out there for help in solving a special
problem.  I got a call this week from a woman who wants to buy her
husband (a cancer survivor) a harmonica with a personal engraving on
the top coverplate.  She is not particular about diatonic or chromatic,
but the coverplate to be engraved on needs to be fairly smooth to start
out with.  I looked at the Meisterklasse 580, but her inscription might
be lengthy and require a coverplate surface more the size of a chro.
Can anyone advise me on the type of paint covering the black Super 64X,
and whether it might take an engraving?  Or about the Gold covered
CX-12?  Any other suggestions to help this person (the brand doesn't
~have~ to be Hohner)?
Any custom engravers out there?
Thanks to everyone for reading this.  Feel free to reply to me off
list, or on.
Dan Todd