Re: the Allman Brothers's Scale

> I believe that scale is also called the Major Pentatonic scale

I'm not sure there is a single scale known as Major Pentatonic, but I think
the scale most often referred to as major pentatonic would have the 4th
scale degree instead of the 2nd. So in the key of A, it would be:

A C# D E F#

This scale is the foundation of many bass lines in blues and rock.

Alec Drachman
http://www.bluecats.org