re: throat vibrato

Throat vibrato=pitch modulation like Howling Wolf and James Cotton really
adds some tension to a song

Throat and/or diaphram tremulant (that's Paul Butterfield's term)volume
modulation-like Carey Bell and Little Walter do so well. Adds some rhythmic
complexity to the music as well as some tension.

I'm just now getting comfortable with this, but some of the good harp
players seem to just keep the vibrato/tremulant on through out the whole
song and I can only turn it on for certain notes. With Juke, Little Walter
seems to have some modulation on most of the notes. Between the tongue
sweeps, the slurs, the vibratos, the tremulants, the head shakes, etc,
there's a lot more going on then  just notes.

Rainbow JImmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.mp3.com/spaceanimals