Re: Harp in the Studio - POD 6

In a message dated 2/4/03 6:27:34 PM Eastern Standard Time, AV1901@xxxxxxx
writes:

> I was "in the studio" in the past few weeks playing harp and recording a CD
> with a blues band. This is a 1st for me. I got what I felt was a good sound
>
> using my regular amp (Kendrick Texas Crude), with a delay pedal and either
> Shure green bullet or an ElectroVoice 630 mic. The engineer mic'ed my amp.
>
> The guitar player used his regular amp and got sound we weren't happy with.
>
> Last night, back in the studio, the engineer suggested the guitar be tried
> through a POD 6 direct to the board. It sounded much better to us.
>
> I was dying to try it but the meter was ticking and I couldn't wrestle the
> POD 6 away from the guitar guy. Anyone have any experience recording *harp*
>
> using the POD 6? Or any POD 6 into the PA live gig experience?
>
> Andy Vincent

I have played a Line 6 POD at Guitar Center near where I live and I must say
I am impressed. I am tempted to get one and abandon using a tube amp on stage
all together. I plugged my Biscuit mic into it, and I must say it was a great
experience using one. I was able to dial in the sound of certain speaker
encloures as well as a legitimate blackface 6V6 tone. I liked using it and
must say I am leaning towards getting one. It was also nice dialing in
breakup, and knowing that I could do this while having the signal go right
through the PA, and be able to control my sound through the PA was nice
knowing. I am currently researching it some more, but if I grab one I will
let you know.

Andrew