re: green bullet problem

<quote>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 11:39:14 -0800 (PST)
From: TIMOTHY QUINN <timothy.quinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: green bullet problem

I have a reissue green bullet that kept cutting out on me.  I brought it to
a local electronics guy who "fixed" it so it doesn't cut out anymore.  The
problem is now it doesn't have any warmth, pep, guts.  It's wimpy sounding
as can be whereas before his repair it at least had that great bullet sound
even though it cut out frequently.  Does anybody know, did he drop it or
rewire it wrong?  If he rewired it wrong how can I fix it?  Thanks.  Tim Q
</quote>

Doesn't that just rip yer undies?
  FWIW When I accidentally wired a bullet element back to front it sounds
just like you describe, when I wired it properly it was back to its former
glory and all was forgiven.

G.